- Increased monthly final quality clearances by approximately 70% over that of previous year
- Internal soundness of finished products is substantially improved with incorporation of 'on surface retarded cooling facilities in mill bay'. This was possible due to implementation of Lean Manufacturing Systems at all critical areas coupled with the benefit obtained from improved steel quality
- Accorded plant approval from renowned automotive companies like Honda Motors, Bosch India, Dana Corporation, Sypris, Hero Honda, Maruti Suzuki Ltd, etc
AML steels are being used in all critical applications - crank shaft for Hero Honda, cam shaft for Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland, gears & transmission components of 2 /4 wheelers, connecting rod for Hero Honda and Tata Motors, drive shaft for Spicer India and Meritor Applications, front wheel hub for Ford, etc.
A comprehensive continuous improvement philosophy has been deployed throughout the organisation to continuously improve the quality, service and price for all customers by means of perfection of process methods to ensure that the requirements / needs are always met.
Customer service representatives have been placed at various locations to act as the link between the customer and the Quality Assurance department to ensure that customers are satisfied with the product or service and so maintain profitable customer relationship.
Benchmark quality standards are set up at steelmaking stage through ELVAC process with special attention paid to use of raw materials of highest standards. Manufacturing processes are strongly supported by VD & AMLC, EMS in continuous casters.
Adhunik Metaliks has been recently certified for ISO 14001 (Environment) and OSHAS 18001 (Health & Safety), besides having ISO/TS 16949, IBR, RDSO, RITES and BIS (IS-2830 & 2831) certificates.
Quality of final delivered products is ensured through a number of important and relevant tests in line with the customers' requirements.
Customers have options to choose any size from a wide manufacturing range of 20.64 mm to 180 mm rolled rounds and 63 mm to 140 mm rolled RCS.
- New Digital Rockwell Hardness testing machine has been installed in QA laboratory
- Sample analyses on real time basis, the arrangements for the display are underway
- Addition of ferro-alloys in LRF through automation is under installation
- On-line hot marking of cast & rolled products
- Off-line ECT and UT of rolled products for guaranteeing of surface and internal quality of products
- Wide range of rolled rounds & RCS - from 20.64 mm to 180 mm dia and 63 mm to 140 mm RCS
With the increase in competition both in the domestic and export markets, the use of all available approaches to reduce cost without compromising product quality is being discussed at all levels to achieve highest degree of cost competitiveness.
Checking of both of 'Must-be-Quality' and 'Attractive Quality' for the concept of merchandising is being applied to achieve 'zero defect' product quality.